I just finished two commissioned pieces back to back. Here is the cream and brown puff sleeve shrug that is going to Austin. It is based on my Chocolate and Cream Shrug, but resized for a custom fit. It was really fun to revisit this item. I love how sturdy the acrylic feels; it really helps give the sleeves the right amount of structure.
Just before that, I finished up a very challenging piece in silver lame. It looks and feels more like chain mail than your typical yarn. I used a smaller hook than normal and found it took a little while to get used to handling it. But, I think the results are stunning. This piece is off to Cardiff, UK.
The back is longer and the sleeves are fitted. The piece was created exactly to fit the customer. This is the first time I've had a chance to use the size Large dress form. It was very helpful when establishing the drape around the sides from the front to the back. With the longer back, this pieces has more sewing with piece work than some of my other shrugs, like the one above. With these two now in the mail, I'm off to my next project!