Monday, July 14, 2008

Coral Reefs


Todd and I went to the Dallas World Aquarium Saturday. After much fidgeting with my three year old camera I came away with these images and many more. I am fascinated by the shapes, colors, and textures like these found in nature. They are so similar to what I have created in own crochet and what was presented in the IFF's Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef project.


They are so beautiful and intricate and fragile and just gorgeous. I still can't believe how great my photos came out! I definitely have more ideas for crochet projects. 

Of course the point of the IFF's Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef is to draw on community activism (the crochet social networks that make the reefs) and their public exhibitions to call awareness to the plight of the real coral reefs.  


No comments: