Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shrugging

It is not surprising that I did not post anything for the month of September. Opening the new gallery has been completely consuming! What is shocking is that I managed to complete this beautiful new shrug. It sold within a few hours. It is one of my favorite things that I've made this year. It is so delicate and detailed with a really graceful flow. There is tie at the front or it can be left open. I love the colors and how they work together, but most of all I loved the challenge of figuring out how to make it work - how to shape the garment, when to increase, to decrease, and how to finish off.

I don't like to repeat myself and this was truly a one of a kind piece, but I'd like to play with this form again. I see more shrugs in my future.

No comments: