Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New, New, New!



Last weekend, I set up for my first show of the 2011 season. It was at a baby store, so I geared the items towards babies and little girls. It was my first opportunity to debut not only a whole new line of products, but a new display, tags, and sign. It's a complete visual make-over! Everything is green, gray, or cream. These delicate neutrals set the stage for the muted colors that I prefer and the wide range of colorful yarns that I use in my crocheted button pins (and now hair clips!). There is also a literary theme working throughout the display: pages from the class children's book Heidi are used in item tags, drawings and pages from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice are used on the new gray trays I made and on my new Modest Ambition sign. In addition, I have a new logo, sort of. I'm still working on it. It's my signature MA text, plus a few hand drawn flourishes in a nice fluid, yet brittle line. 






I'm very excited about all of these new items and I'm really looking forward to putting the new baby merchandise out with the new and returning favorites for adults at The Dallas Flea on September 24, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at South Side on Lamar. I'm planning on bringing a whole new line of crocheted necklaces -- in advance of my October 23 Crocheted Necklace Workshop at Oil & Cotton Creative Exchange, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. So... maybe I have a thing for seersucker right now?








By the way, I also have a new website. More on that soon.

No comments: