Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chunky Cowl



I know I'm supposed to be working on smaller items for the upcoming Etsy Dallas Jinglebash on Nov. 21, but I'm in the middle of a design spree right now. It seems like every other day I'm completing some new project from start to finish that is completely unique - like this cowl. I've had that chunky brown wool-acrylic for almost a year, and I've never had a single idea of what to do with it, until now! All the sudden I had an idea and I had to make it right then. I've never even seen an item exactly like this before. The collar actually stands up and folds over itself with buttons on the side facing out on the side closest to your neck - or you wear it laying down over your shoulders by turning it inside out.

The brooch is removable. I thought the piece needed a little more color. Again, it's probably too warm to be worn much around here, but I imagine it would be very useful up north in addition to your heavy coat and hat.

No comments: