Sunday, March 16, 2008

Colorful crocheted pins


I'm so happy with how this pins have been turning out. They look great all together! This is something I've been working on for the ETC (Etsy Texas Crafters) Spring Sample Trade. It's fun to play with colors and textures and to pick out just the right button. I'm going to add a spot to my Etsy store for a random sampling of 3 of these - or something like these! 

Over half of these were crocheted while I was in various waiting rooms during Todd's surgery and follow up. It feels good to be productive or at least distracted during uncomfortable times. Todd's fine and now I've got all these lovely pins. 



I really enjoyed the process of playing with the colors and textures of the yarns, trying different combinations, and selecting just the right button to pull it together. I plan to make plenty of these. I also surprised myself with how well the photography turned out. It makes a very compelling image. I'm starting to have more confidence in my abilities as a photographer.

No comments: