Sunday, September 6, 2009

Timing

This is a custom order that I just finished. It's the white shrug with black trim that I made last spring, but with a standup collar and button closure at the neck added. The black yarn holds the lacy pattern of the crochet beautifully. I think it's pretty sharp. I'm surprised at how many custom orders I've been doing lately. The timing is spot-on. My last day of work at my full-time job is coming up this week. I'm just breaking down my office now. It's good to have projects and feel like I'm filling a need or a want. I don't expect to make a living off Etsy, or at least not off what I do at Etsy now, but it is satisfying. I try my best to make original items and to give the best customer service believing, whether there is a tangible reward for it or not, that it's the right thing to do - it just feels right. As embarrassed and self-conscious as I am sometimes, I like to feel proud of what I'm doing.

I have so many ideas for new things to make and designs to try. It's a good thing I'm going to have time, at least for a while.

No comments: